Project Coordinator: Paula Owen
Contact Details: 083 653 9778
What we do:
- Summerhill House is a children's home for orphaned and vulnerable children.
- The village includes a development centre (where the organisation's community programs are run from), a soccer field and 4 houses- each of which will be home to 6 children and 1 housemother. (To date 2 of the homes have been built and the 3rd is half complete).
- In addition, Summerhill works to upliftment their community of Etete. Some of their community work includes- Homework Assistance, Feeding during the schools holiday, monthly Church and youth upliftment.
How the Orphan Fund helps:
- The Orphan Fund provides food vouchers quarterly for 8 families caring for orphaned children
How you can help:
- Non-perishable foodstuffs (Family in the home)
- Holiday Feeding Costs - Seasonal: April/July/October & December school holidays
- Completing House #3 (which is currently at roof height)
- Landscaping on site and completing the girls playground
- Set-up of our community centre
- Helping to add on a store-room and “lean-to” for cooking